Welcome to the Norquay PAC website
This website contains online resources and information for parents of children attending John Norquay Elementary School, provided by the Parent’s Advisory Council.
Who was Sir John Norquay?
- John Norquay, a former premier of Manitoba, first visited Vancouver in 1886 while in office. He was the first premier of Manitoba that was born in the province.
- He was born at St. Andrew’s, Manitoba on May 8, 1841.
- He was over six feet tall and weighed over 300 pounds!
- He was Metis and spoke a number of languages, including English, French, Cree, and Saulteaux.
- In June 1862, he married Elizabeth Setter. They had eight children.
Read more about Sir John Norquay here.