We asked teachers how we, as parents, can best help to create a great learning environment in the classroom. Here’s what they said:
- Join the class on field trips if you can
- Stay in contact with your child’s teacher
- Encourage reading at home. Read with your child or listen to them read.
- Make time to talk with your child about what they are learning at school.
- Learn about the changes in education since you were a child.
- Encourage your child to take risks and assure them that it’s OK to make mistakes
- Make sure they get enough sleep!
- Encourage & praise curiosity and love of learning