The senior officer(s) of the PAC executive committee.
- Speak on behalf of the Council,
- Consult with Council members,
- Preside at membership and executive meetings,
- Appoint committees where authorized by the membership or Executive,
- Ensure that the Council is represented in school and district activities,
- Ensure that Council activities are aimed at achieving the purposes set out in the Constitution,
- Be a signing officer,
- Submit an annual report.
Manages the finances for the PAC, including coordinating the budget documents, making bank deposits and distributing funds, presents the budget and/or the financial report at the monthly PAC meeting.
- Be a signing officer,
- Ensure all funds of the Council are properly accounted for,
- Disburse funds as authorized by the membership or Executive,
- Ensure that proper financial records and books of account are maintained,
- Report on all receipts and disbursements at general and Executive meetings,
- Make financial records and books of account available to members upon request,
- Have the financial records and books of account ready for inspection or audit annually,
- With the assistance of the executive, draft an annual budget,
- Ensure that another signing officer has access to the financial records and books of accounting in the treasurer’s absence,
- Submit an annual financial statement at the annual general meeting.
- Responsible for recording and keeping the minutes of all PAC executive and general meetings and forwarding them to the executive and the principal for approval before posting to the website.
- Prepare meeting agenda
- serve in a capacity to be determined by the Council at the time of election, and at other times as the Council requires
- submit an annual report
The Volunteer Coordinator
- keep an up-to-date list of all parents/guardians able to volunteer at the school
- contact volunteers as events/needs arise to arrange for help
- seek to involve parents/guardians in the activities of the school/PAC
The Fundraising Chair
- plan for the appropriate amount of fundraisers to meet the PAC’s budget
- summarize each fundraiser and report to PAC
- keep records of the effectiveness of PAC fundraisers and advise the PAC
- make a tentative plan each spring for the following year’s fundraisers
The Communications Chair
- Update blog
- Send out email communications
- Prepare PAC newsletter
- Attends DPAC meetings and represents, speaks, and votes on behalf of the PAC.
- Reports to PAC on matters relating to the DPAC (District Parent Advisory Council)
- Renew Laura Secord PAC membership to the BCCPAC.
Modern Languages (EMB) Representative
- Position works to bring help to provide more opportunity for intermixing the student populations and to ensure all students needs are represented in the PAC.
- Liaising with EMB Parents and advocating for or promoting the program.