The Norquay PAC team raises funds to assist the school by buy items it would not otherwise have. For example, between 2011 and 2014, the team helped to raise enough money to build a new playground. Other PAC activities include: community building, supporting the garden initiative, improvements to school grounds and supporting children’s activities. We also respond to teachers’ requests for funding assistance both inside and outside of the classroom.
Funds raised might support:
- school playground(s)
- rainy day activity supplies
- computer equipment
- books for the library
- learning materials
- musical equipment
- supplement classroom supplies and field study fees
- PE supplies
- fine arts performance
How is Fundraising Decided?
Each year the PAC executive listens to the PAC community in determining the year’s general goals. These goals in conjunction with the school’s request list is considered and voted upon by both the executive and general PAC community, thus determining the year’s budget and fundraising goals.
Every parent/guardian of a child attending Norquay is considered a PAC member and as such, has an opportunity to determine:
- what money should be raised for;
- how it will be raised; and
- how raised funds will be allocated.
How can I find out more?
- The Norquay PAC team’s fundraising initiatives and progress are discussed during monthly meetings on the first Tuesday each month at 6:00, in the school library (unless otherwise communicated)
- The Norquay PAC team endeavours to publish meeting agendas and minutes on the website here.
- Join our Facebook page here.
- Sign up for e-newsletters here.
- Join our email list here.
How you can help the Norquay community:
Connect the PAC team or school with individuals, businesses or corporations that can provide goods, services or knowledge to improve our efforts and the Norquay experience. Volunteering is another great way you can help out and get to know others! Learn more here.