WHAT IS PAC
The PAC is a parent advisory body to the school board, school administration and staff on matters relating to John Norquay Elementary school. Every parent/guardian of a child attending the school is considered a member of the PAC. An elected group of parents called the PAC Executive act as advocates for your concerns and issues and help in building the school community.
Our mission is to work cooperatively with the parents and the school for the benefit of our children.
We believe that PAC consists of every parent or guardian of a student at our school. There are a variety of other important volunteer positions held within the PAC. These would include: Fundraising Committee, Hot Lunch, Emergency Planning, Health Committee, Website/Newsletter, Playground Lead, Fruit & Veggie Coordinator and the School Planning Council.The PAC is an integral part of the school, some of the things the PAC does includes:
- works with the school to build a strong community;
- applies for and receives casino fund grant (only available if school has a valid PAC);
- provides hot lunch services to the school; and raises funds for the school so the school can buy items they would not otherwise have (i.e. school playgrounds, computer equipment, books for the library, learning materials, musical equipment, supplement classroom supplies and field study fees, PE supplies, fine arts performance etc.).
Our PAC has 3 distinct goals:
- to build a strong community;
- to facilitate communications; and
- to raise funds for the school.
How do we achieve these goals?
- We welcome parent involvement;
- we hold monthly meetings; and
- we fundraise.
We believe that all parents are key to keep the PAC a successful and enjoyable place to come together.
- You can attend monthly PAC meetings where you will be informed of school activities, hear various speakers, vote on monies spent and maintain your relationship with teachers, other parents and the school. The PAC meetings provide an open forum.
- We invite you to volunteer your time and expertise as we plan events throughout the school year. With your help we can achieve our goals. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you would like to be on the volunteer list, when help is needed an email will be sent to you.
WHEN WE MEET:
We meet on a monthly basis in the school library (see here for dates), all parents are welcome to come to the meetings (date and time will be posted in the school newsletter and website). The meetings are a great way to find out what is going on in the school, hear what the principal, or teachers have to say and meet other parents.